FaithFULL Kids–Suzy’s Testimony

If you’ve been around WordServe for any time at all, you’ve probably heard us talk about FaithFULL Kids, a program that provides non-perishable food on the weekends to students at Huggins Elementary who receive free/reduced lunch during the school week.  We are passionate about this program because it meets basic needs in students’ lives, while providing an opportunity for them to experience the love of Christ.  This summer, we are expanding our ministry to pack and deliver meals on a weekly basis and we need your help!  One of our faithful participants, Suzy Moore, wanted to share a bit about how involvement in FaithFULL Kids has impacted her in a big way.  Over Spring Break, she and members of her community group delivered the food and found themselves making meaningful connections with the recipients.

“I knew that we were serving to form relationships inside of the Fulshear community, and at the time I arrived, I thought “I can’t even form meaningful relationships with my next door neighbors”, so I was very apprehensive about how I was going to form a relationship with a complete stranger that day. I observed Shelia Able make a connection with the most precious and sweet young girl named Erica. However, the door did not seem to open for me to make a connection on that day. Or so I thought. The next week while I was having lunch with my daughter at her elementary school, the same young girl with whom Shelia made a connection recognized me, and ran over to say “Hi Morgan’s Mommy! It’s me, Erica.” The light bulb went off for me. God called me to that serve event that Sunday to form a relationship, …with this young girl. (I was thinking it would be an adult/parent; I never saw young Erica coming – funny how God works that way). I know that I can make an impact in this community through serving Faithful Kids. I am certain that I have not fully experienced all that God will do for young Erica, but I am blessed to know that Faithful Kids allowed me to play a very tiny role that day to further His Kingdom, one (young) relationship at a time.”

WSK-Summer-Program

This Summer, join WordServe Kids each Wednesday from 10:30-11:30 AM as we pack meals for FaithFULL Kids at Guardian Taekwon-Do and deliver to Huggins Elementary for pick up by our FaithFULL Kids families.  During pick-up, we have fun and faith-fulled activities planned to help deepen our relationships with these children.  This is a great way for your kids to share their faith and serve the community during the summer months!  This opportunity isn’t just limited to parents and kids–we want everyone to get involved!

To sign up, visit the FaithFULL Kids website here!

WordServe Youth enjoy “Life is Different” weekend

In January, WordServe Youth took to Lutherhill Camp for three jam-packed days of fun, laughter, games, spiritual challenge, worship, and growth! It was an awesome chance for students and adults to get away and build great relationships with each other and with God.

Check out the video from the weekend: